Friday, March 15, 2013

Can anyone offer a bit of advice for a beginner to macro photography.?

I've recently purchased a starter SLR camera (Nikon 3100) and found that even with the standard 18 - 55mm I've managed reasonable results taking close up shots of flowers etc.

I'd be interested to try and improve on the results with a better lens allowing me to photograph insects etc close up. I'm only a beginner and have a budget of about £150 to spend, is there anything in this price range that would allow me to get life size or larger images of close up subjects?

I'm happy enough to digitally zoom images to get the size I want to so long as I can still keep clear definition but obviously the larger the image I can get optically the better.

Argos have a Sigma 70 - 300 mm macro lens for £140, is that likely to offer signicantly better close up shots than my existing lens or is there anything better I should be looking at in my budget?

Many thanks.

См. статью: Can anyone offer a bit of advice for a beginner to macro photography.?