Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Full frame or not full frame?

I am wanting to switch over to full frame from dx, but the only thing holding me back is that I do wildlife photography. I will be either buying a Nikon D300 or a Nikon D3 to go along with a used 500mm f4, that I am getting cheap from a friend.

I shoot alot of wildlife, at the moment with a Sigma 100-300mm f4 plus teleconverters.

I also shoot sports such as skiing, skating and surfing and so full frame is great for these, but because I shoot wildlife, will I regret not having a crop body for extra reach.

Also I have watched alot of wildlife photography videos and people seem to shoot with full frame… Is this the norm?

My question is whether it is better to have a full frame and teleconverters or a crop censor body?

Thanks.

См. статью: Full frame or not full frame?