Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ways to manually adjust aperture on lens while taking video with Nikon DSLR Camera?

Is there a way (or multiple ways) to adjust the aperture using a Nikon DSLR camera while taking video? I have a D7000 and a wide assortment of lenses. Many old lenses I realize have adjustable aperture rings on the lens itself which seems to be a feature incompatible with newer cameras [unless f-stop is set to 22] and lacking from newer lenses (note: I am completely unaware of any adapters that offer a means of making this option compatible.)

I know there are some specific 3rd party lenses out there that have aperture rings on them so you can adjust your depth of field range/brightness while taking video but am at a loss of how to find them.

Any hints, suggestions, techniques, links, companies, lens models etc… would be greatly helpful.

{Incase it wasn't clear, my main objective is to find a way to broaden/narrow my depth of field while taking video using an adjustable aperture ring on the camera's lens}

Thank you all in advance for any input: )

См. статью: Ways to manually adjust aperture on lens while taking video with Nikon DSLR Camera?