Monday, April 15, 2013

Which camera to buy? - 1

I finally have enough cash to buy a camera and I'm utterly lost.
My first question:
What level of camera should I buy: entry, intermediate, or pro?
I know I want full manual, I want to be able to make my own presets (Canon) but I want a odd-bladed diaphragm (Nikkor).
FF or DOF?
Also, I'm hearing various things about Nikon-Canon lens compatibility. Some say that you can interchange and mix/match without any issues. However, I've also heard that there are issues with the mount so you have to use an adaptor thus messing up focus and focal length. Which is it? Because I would love a Canon body with a nikkor lens but only if it works well.

I have photography experience: I took a class last year and learned the specs and I've been told that I have a "good perspective", but I don't know if I could handle a pro camera, but I also don't want to be held back by an amateur camera especially when I advance to higher levels.

SO, main questions:
Entry level, intermediate, or pro?
Lenses: ef or ef-s and can nikkor be mounted onto canon with ease?
OH: and should I buy used or new? Used would mean I could buy an intermediate or pro, new would mean I could get a warranty on an entry level.Is it worth it to buy new? I don't really have a problem with losing/breaking things.

Thanks

См. статью: Which camera to buy? - 1