Sunday, May 5, 2013

What Should I Charge For A Wedding Shoot?

So I am an aspiring photographer, I don't charge people most of the time, they usually pay me a "tip" but I don't ever ask for money.My goal is to one day charge, but only when I feel I am decent. Last year I did some engagement photos for a lady and she just contacted me today to see if I would do her wedding photography June 1st. She said her photographer cancelled and I was the only person she could think of. I will have to travel about 280 miles to the location, she said they would take care of the hotel for me which is a one night stay. I would start at 3 taking pictures before the wedding, the wedding is at 6 and her reception goes from 7-11.So basically taking photos from 3 to 11. I have a Nikone D7000 with an 18-105 lens. If I do this I want a different lens, the Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens. I'm on a tight budget right now so If I get this lens I'll be tight on my money until her wedding. I am not sure what I should charge her though. I am wishy washy as if I should do the photos. I'd love the practice of doing a wedding but also on the other hand I don't want to over charge her and not get enough photos. But I also want to charge enough so that it covers my travel costs and time taking the photos. Anyone with any advice please let me know I would like to privately e-mail for some pointers.
Added (1). Also, another reason I am wishy washy about doing the photos is because I don't want to screw up her pictures. Most people only get married once so I want them to be really good for her.

См. статью: What Should I Charge For A Wedding Shoot?