Saturday, June 8, 2013

Manual auto focus tips on DSLR?

Hi. I just bought Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens for my Nikon D3100
When I got it I realized that it doesn't auto focus heh :) My first camera, so…
I now understand that I should've bought AF-S lens which is twice the price. I could send it back, but I'm going on a trip so I don't have a time.
I also read that there are some people who use ONLY manual lenses on their DSLR's because they think it's even better, but why exactly?
So could you, please, guide me through this. Tell me everything that a person should know about manual focusing and what makes it easier. Parallel to this I'm also reading articles about manual focusing, but rare and subjective tips would be in a gold's value. Give me everything you got :)
Added (1). UPD: Also I can't seem to change Aperture.It tells me to lock on 22(highest number).Is it possible to change that?
Added (2). UPD2: I understood how to change aperture, thanks :)

См. статью: Manual auto focus tips on DSLR?