Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Astrophotography tips for a beginner? is it me or my out of date camera?

Beginner here, I've been getting into photography over the past 8 or 9 months or so. Recently tried my hand at photographing the stars and have had mixed results. I'm using a nikon D50. I've been experimenting with my 18-55 lens and have had bad results. With my 50 mm prime lens I get decent shots. I'm shooting from a tripod, I use a 2 second timer to reduce camera shake, I've varied from f5.6 to f1.8, 200 iso to reduce noise, and shutter speed anywhere between 10-25 seconds. I think my white balance set to direct sunlight has done the best. I can take several shots using same settings, some blur and some don't. I've removed the filter in hopes to reduce any glare. Any tips? How do I get good photos of the stars? I'm also interested in trying this with my 35 mm slr if anyone has any additional info. Thanks.

Читать далее: Astrophotography tips for a beginner? is it me or my out of date camera?