Thursday, May 15, 2014

Photography ideas - Is a photo-shoot at the time of an aurora a good idea?

The aurora aka northern lights is perhaps one of the most beautiful things ever. I have always wanted to see one, though the location of my country has never permitted me to see one. However, I was wondering, when I go to Norway or Finland, would it be a good idea to click some pics of mine with the aurora in the background?

Is there any photographer here who can give me a good idea about this? What kind of a camera should be used? Since it should be able to capture the aurora very well, with good clarity and sharpness I know that a very good camera should be used.

Also by what time of the year does the aurora appear? I am sorry I have no clue about it because I haven't seen or known about them.

Would it be dangerous to stay on the road/ground of wherever, when there is an aurora?

Please help. Thanks x

P.S. For any one of you who does not know what an aurora is, here's a picture and some information about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora

Read more: Photography ideas - Is a photo-shoot at the time of an aurora a good idea?