Friday, September 21, 2012

Best way to switch over to Canon from Nikon?

I'm not 100% sure on switching to Canon… this is a very long term thing. I have no reason to switch immediately.

My original plan was to start buying Canon lenses, and buy a mount adapter so I can use it with my Nikon D5000 until I buy a Canon body (if that happens).

And now I'm realizing that Canon lenses are more expensive? (At least from looking for a 35mm f/1.8 or faster) So I'm thinking of buying a Nikon lens and buy an adapter in the future for my possible Canon camera.

Any advice? Are adapters worth the trouble? Do the Nikon lenses, not adapter, depend on which type of Canon body I'm planning to get? Thanks in advance!
Added (1). I'm in the film industry and Canon 5Ds are the standard HDSLR for small shoots. I want to get accustomed to their interface even though I love Nikon. I have no intention to get rid of my current camera either. Would you be able to answer any of my questions?
>>> Best way to switch over to Canon from Nikon?