Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DLSR Backpack for climbing half dome?

I am going to be climbing Half Dome in Yosemite in the Spring and I am looking for a good DSLR backpack. I will be carrying my Nikon D90 with the 18-105 mm kit lens, an extra 55-300 mm lens, and an extra battery. I will also need room to carry a little food (my husband can carry most of that) water, and a light rain coat just in case. I was thinking something with a laptop section would work and I could slip in a hydration pack ( i'll make sure to take waterproofing precautions). I was looking at the Tamrac Adventure 9 online. I am 5'2 and 120 lbs though I was wondering if that pack would be too big for me to climb half dome with for my first time. Anyone out there with that bag? Or any other suggestions?
>>> DLSR Backpack for climbing half dome?