Thursday, December 27, 2012

Any incompatibilities using NTSC instead of PAL?

I am shooting a short film on my Nikon D5100. I can't afford another camera right now. I wanted to do one shot in slight slow motion, and I am in a PAL region.My camera can shoot 24 or 25fps in PAL, which would probably not look smooth with even a 5-10 fps reduction. The NTSC mode of my camera will let me shoot 30fps, which gives me a little more leeway to slow it down a bit. But are NTSC video files compatible with my editing program (Sony Movie Studio 12) if I have got it in Australia? Is there any difference in the way the files are processes or recorded other than the framerate?

I am shooting the rest of the film in 25p. This camera has no 60fps option for video and I can't afford another camera.
>>> Any incompatibilities using NTSC instead of PAL?