Thursday, December 27, 2012

How to keep my camera safe when snow is falling?

I shoot with a Nikon D5100 with a 18-55mm lens. I just got my camera about two weeks ago and took it outside to shoot in the snow for the first time today. I set it up on a tripod (I'm a self portrait artist) and wrapped a scarf around the camera body and lens. However, I was constantly worried about snow/water getting in or on the camera and damaging it. I ended up cutting the session short and going inside with inadequate photos and an unfinished shoot. Disappointing. :( Does anyone have any tips for shooting in snow or how I can stop worrying and just enjoy my shoot?
Added (1). Oh no no no, you misunderstand :) I don't do basic sit-and-smile portraits - I do conceptual work combined with manipulation. I enjoy shooting and editing, it is what I hope to pursue as a career.It is what I enjoy, and it is my form of expression. If I DID do basic portraits, then yes, I'd hire a professional. :)
>>> How to keep my camera safe when snow is falling?