Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nikon D5100; Quick auto focus zoom lens? input on sigma lens'?

Awkward title but anyways, I just upgraded from a nikon d60 to the 5100. Loving it very much.
I currently have a 18-55 (basic standard lens) and then I have a 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX zoom lens which is incredible but the auto focus is extremely slow when zoomed around 250mm, and continuous focus is pointless.
So I am looking for a fairly priced zoom lens with more of a quicker auto focus. I shoot wildlife and the occasional little sister dance performances so I guess something that works for sports/moving objects ^^.
Thanks for any input I'll do my best to help out with any other little details but I think this post sums It all up. (:

I also maybe like input on Sigma's lens'
So far I am liking the sound of the 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO DG OS HSM zoom lens.
Any thoughts or experience with these?
>>> Nikon D5100; Quick auto focus zoom lens? input on sigma lens'?