Monday, February 25, 2013

What would be a good starter lens?

My girlfriend bought a Nikon D70 camera before Christmas, but it didn't come with a lens. Just the body. I really don't know anything about cameras, and I tried looking online for different types of lenses, but I didn't understand the differences. Anyway, my question is what would be a good starter lens for her camera? She wants to take pictures of people, so I don't want to buy her a fish eye lens. I'm also not making enough money right now to buy her a great lens. I do realize "you get what you pay for" but like I said, it's just something to start with. She wants to get into photography. I also realize that I could just ask her about a lens, but I want to surprise her.

Thank you guys for your help in advance!
>>> What would be a good starter lens?