Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Any lower-priced fixed aperture Sony E-mount zoom lenses? (under $500 US)?

I am noticing that the Sony e-mount lens system is very limited. I did notice there are some fixed aperture lenses that range from 800 to $1000.

I understand fixed aperture lenses are generally more expensive anyway. But just to make sure, I am not overlooking anything here, correct?

Sigma and Tamron appear to make great lenses for the Sony A mount, but without buying an adapter for the E mount, it wont communicate with the body. I generally use manual lenses anyway. However, I am considering the Sony A6000, which has fast autofocus, but the only zoom lenses that look native are f4.5-6.3

Am I missing something? Is this just the climate that we are in now where the lenses arent as robust as the Canon and Nikon lineups?

Read more: Any lower-priced fixed aperture Sony E-mount zoom lenses? (under $500 US)?