Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Yashica Film SLR lens to Nikon DSLR lens compatibility with the help of an adapter?

Here are the facts. I really need an expert opinion on this one. :)

1.) I have a Yashica 50mm ML lens from my FX-7 film SLR camera.

2.) I have a Nikon D5100 Digital SLR.

3.) I want to use that 50mm ML on my D5100.

4.) I saw an adapter for a cheap price that says "M42 Lens to Nikon Body Adapter" with a description of "Make M42 mount lenses (Zeiss, Pentax, Praktica, Mamiya, Zenit) can be used on NIKON cameras"

5.) I've read several articles about the relationship between Yashica and CZ lenses but I just don't get it.

The main question now is, will the 50mm ML work on my Nikon DSLR if I buy the adapter? Thanks a bunch!
Added (1). I am aware of the hassle that I will be going through, like having an all manual setting (with no light meter), and not being able to focus to infinity. :)
Added (2). about the main question, that should be "will the 50mm ML 'successfully and perfectly mount' on my Nikon DSLR if I buy the adapter?"

Read more: Yashica Film SLR lens to Nikon DSLR lens compatibility with the help of an adapter?