Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nikon D3100 lens compatibility from other brands?

Hello. I have a NIkon D3100 camera and I am looking for new lenses. I only have an 18-55mm (AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens) and I am looking for something up to 200 mm. Preferably beginning with 55mm. I am no expert as I am only a beginner and I am beginning to love this hobby. My question is how do I choose a compatible lens for my DSLR? I am not set on staying with Nikon's Nikkor lenses as I do not want to be restricted to choose if I can actually look for other brand lenses. I am not looking for Nikkor lenses compatible with my camera. Is there some red flag I should look out for If i buy other brand lenses? I am also looking for a lens/lenses that is not muy caro (expensive). Thank you very much, your help is appreciated
Added (1). Also, I prefer manual focus

Read more: Nikon D3100 lens compatibility from other brands?