Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nikon 1J1 showing Lens Error: Contacts a Nikon-authorized service center?

I don't get how this happened. I didn't drop the camera or do anything to the lens. I had just finished filming a video when this message popped up. I was zooming in on something (gently as I always do) and the message just popped up and wont go away! I've tried removing the lens and leaning it, turning the camera off and back on and removing the battery and SD card. No matter what I do the message pops up every time I turn on the camera. Does anyone know why this popped up and how/if i can fix it at home? I bought this camera when they first came out so it was really expensive but I really dont have the money to have it repaired now. :( help!

Read more: Nikon 1J1 showing Lens Error: Contacts a Nikon-authorized service center?