Monday, September 24, 2012

Pentacon 50mm 1.8 on Nikon SLR compatibility?

This is a really old lens I found.It has an adapter for F-mount and I tried it on a Nikon FM-10 and it seems to work. This lens is really weird though. When you turn the aperture ring it does nothing and is always wide open. There's a button on the side of the lens that you can press down and the more you press it down the smaller the aperture gets (f1.8 to f16). The lens also seems to meter correctly. I haven't took any pictures yet just testing it without film.Do you think this lens will work even though you have to use the button to control the aperture?
Added (1). Oh and when you press it down the viewfinder get's darker so this a stop down metering lens.
Added (2). ***I just figured it out, you set the aperture you want and press hold the stop down button and take the picture. The blades will go to that aperture. Now I'm wondering if the pictures will come out right I won't know till I try.
>>> Pentacon 50mm 1.8 on Nikon SLR compatibility?