Monday, December 10, 2012

Working a 200-400mm tamronlens on a nikon D5100?

OK, ive got three major questions, i Just got the 200-400mm tamron nikon mount.
A) it says it's a Af on it, but there is no AF switch and it does not Af at all. ???
B) i ve been reading something about a tamron AF adapter, does that mean if i get that it will auto focus the lens when i press the shoot button?
C) the focus is F5.6 to F32 but if it's on anything else then F32 it wont' let me shoot and a screen pops up and says "LOCK LENS APERTURE RING AT MINIMUM APERTURE(LARGEST F/-NUMBER) Why won't it let me shoot on any other f number?
Please get back to me, i really would like to figure this out.
Added (1). THE LENS SAYS AF, THERE IS NO MANUAL OR AF SWITCH ON IT.
I DON'T NEED ASSHOLE ANSWERS SAYING I TRIED TO SAVE MONEY WHEN THE LENS WAS A GIFT. JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT WORK. IF THERES ANY REAL INFO/HELP LET ME KNOW, NOT TELL ME I HAVE AN ENRTY LEVEL CAMERA AND A CHEAP LENS, PHOTOGRAPHY HAS BEEN IN MY FAMILY LONGER THEN MOST, WITH PRIZE WINNING PHOTOGRAPHERS FROM WW2 COLD WAR VIETNAM PUBLISHED MAGAZINES AND SO ON.
>>> Working a 200-400mm tamronlens on a nikon D5100?